Six things you'll find in a Swiss kitchen (and what's missing!)
Don't miss the latest episode of Swiss and Chips. Subscribe via iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, email or RSS!
Warning: this episode is a rollercoaster! We try to navigate our way through a traditional Swiss kitchen, and explain the classic items you'll find in any Swiss kitchen cupboard. From flavourings to implements, we lift the table cloth on the secrets of Switzerland's home dining habits - and we reveal a few foody preferences of our own along the way. Plus: what's missing in a standard Swiss kitchen? We name three items that we can't live without, but which have proven to be somewhat of a novelty to your average Swiss.
Interested in connecting with us and other listeners?
Want to chat about the show, talk about life in Switzerland or even meet up? We want to know how! Please vote and we'll try and make it happen. If anything is missing, you can add it in the comments at the bottom of this page.
Notes on this episode of Swiss and Chips: Your British Guide to Switzerland
- Vote results from our last episode
- Thanks to 'AGBinCH' for the helpful comment
- What you'll find in a Swiss kitchen
- Aromat and Kressi
- After Eights in Switzerland, here, here and here
- What's missing in Swiss kitchens
Learning Swiss German
Chnuuschti - if you have a better explanation, let us know in the comments.
Enough of the fondue, here's where you can load up your plate with another portion of Swiss and Chips! Why not subscribe?
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Subscribe on Spotify
- Subscribe on Google Play Music
- Download as an mp3
- Other ways to subscribe
Connect with us
Thank you for listening to the Swiss and Chips Podcast!
- We’d love to answer your question in our show. Leave us an audio question directly on our website.
- Get in touch via email and we'll answer your question directly in the show (if possible).
- Connect with Jo or Simon on Twitter or find us on Instagram and become part of this community.