Driving to the UK from Switzerland
The traditional ways to travel between the UK and Switzerland are plane, train and car. 2022 turned out to be the year we used the channel tunnel to make the trip for the first time. We drove from Bern to England and then back a few weeks later. It was an experience to remember! And one that’s worth talking about and sharing with you.
First time here? Don't forget to subscribe to the podcast! (iTunes, Spotify, Google Play Music). If you are looking to connect with other English speakers in Switzerland check out our Facebook group.
Notes on this episode of Swiss and Chips: Your British Guide to Switzerland
- Why did we end up driving by car? What is the advantage?
- Which route did we take, how long is the journey and how are the stops on the way?
- Which route to take, how long is the journey and how are the stops on the way?
- Recommendations in our Facebook Group.
- The Channel Tunnel video on YouTube.
Learning Swiss German
Our word(s) in this episode: 'Plapperä' and 'Plapperi'.